Enhanced EDC stayed by High Court
By admin On 25 Mar, 2013 At 04:52 AM | Categorized As Judgement, Legal Updates | With 2 Comments

High Court

In a major relief to the hundred and thousand of home owners in Haryana, the Punjab and Haryana High Court has given a stay on any action pursuant to the Memo issued by the Haryana Government for increase in the External Development Charges.

HARYAHA URBAN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY, PANCHKULA.
No. HUDA-CCF-Acctt-I-2011/24224 Dated: 14.7.2011
To
The Director General,
Town & Country Planning,
Haryana, Chandigarh.
Subject:- Fixation of EDC for various urban estates. Please refer to your Note No.87/2011 dated 8.7.2011 on the subject noted above.

The EDC of following various urban estates have been finalized and communicated to your office:

Displaying 11 Comments
Have Your Say
  1. MANOJ GERA says:

Bestech is asking for enhanced EDC for project in Dharuhera, Haryana. Please advise.

• I have also recieved the same from Vipul garder, Dharuhera.
      I am also looking for clarity on the same.
      PLs let me know on vishal_baijal@yahoo.com if get update on the same.

• manpreet says:

no need to pay any amount. i am also having flat in bestech. Mr. Manoj please contact me at 9999130032

• VINEET SETHI says:

DEAR FRNDS,

I HAVE ALSO RECD. THE ENHANCED EDC FOR RS 925/- SQ YDS APPX.

I AM STILL HOLDING THE PAYMENT ….WE CAN FILE RTI/CONSUMERCOURT
        APPLICATION ETC JOINTLY

PLS. DO CONTACT ME IN THIS REGARDS

VINEET SETHI
        MOB:9810278278
        EMAIL:VINEET790@REDIFFMAIL.COM

• MANOJ GERA says:

Dear Mr. Manpreet,

Seen your message today and shall call you during evening hours. Till date I have not paid EEDc since I am in no hurry to take the possession and waiting for the High Court judgment.

I have told Bestech to give in writing that it this demand is an advance security demand for EEDC on the anticipation that High Court judgement shall be in favor of HUDA.

Moreover, Bestech is also not clear regarding this EEDC demand from HUDA since Occupation Certificate has been issued by HUDA in October, 2012.

Based upon this Occupation Certificate the Possession Letter has been issued by Bestech.

Let us unite and exchange emails during our spare time.

2. Mrinal Barkataky says:

I am an owner of a flat in a project called Era Divine Court Sector 76, Greater Faridabad, we all are fighting for our rights against the evils of this developer. Till date the developer is asking for enhanced EDC and just two days back one of our members wanted to sell his flat and visited the developer’s office. To our surprise the developer asked him to pay the enhanced EDC first then only the transfer of ownership will happen. Please comment.

3. I am also having flat in Bestech parkview delight dharuhera Haryana. They are asking for enhanced EDC. What to do please suggest.

• MANOJ GERA says:

Do not pay if you are not in a hurry to take the possession.
      Till 1st May, High Court orders are Clear that EEDC has been stayed in Haryana. I am not aware of the judgement of 02nd May.

I have told Bestech that I am ready to pay provided they give in writing that it is an advance security for EEDC if the Court judgment is in favour of HUDA. Otherwise it shall be refunded back by Bestech.

Bestech is also not clear since demand of EEDC after Occupation Certificate received from HUDA is something surprising.

Let us discuss more on this issue and atleast exchange emails for more awareness.

• MANOJ GERA says:

Forgot to write my email address : mgera0409@gmail.com

4. I also had penthouse in Bestech Park delight, Dharuhera and they took money for possession in Dec last year but till now my flat is incomplete.

As far as enhanced EDC is concerned, the calculation which I made, they had already charged more than the amount should be charged.

Original EDC should be charged : Rs. 112.80 Per sq ft
    Charged by you : Rs. 137.00 per sq ft
    Profit made in EDC : Rs. 24.20 per sq ft
    Interest on Addition amount charged : Need to be calculated

5. Hi,
    I have received final demand letter from Puri Pranayam regarding possession of my flat. I don’t want to pay Enhanced EDC charges as these are not justified. At the same time, I want possession of my flat ASAP. Please can you advice? Also, can you send me copy of High court stay order at cpthareja@yahoo.com ? Thanks

Regards,